Monday, February 28, 2011

On The Verge of 40

Though I am swamped at work, I am going to take a break to blog my brains out.  Ok, not really. I just thought that sounded cool.  It is 4:15PM and I'm barely taking a "time out" now (Shh...don't tell my hubby, he'll chew me out - he thinks I work too hard as it is and worries when I don't take breaks). I've been here since just before 8AM.  Its Month-end madness here at work.  I like it being busy though.  I feel quite accomplished today.  As this month closes I can't help but think about the new month.  When I think of March one of the first things that comes to mind are a couple of my best friends' birthdays (Jennifer, Danielle, Lora).  They reach the big four-O a little ahead of me.  Another one of my bestest pals (Hi Maggie) got there in January, of course I was absent.  I feel like such a terrible friend...Ever since becoming a mommy (and probably the month prior to it) I have been so out of touch with my gal pals.  I am still adjusting to my life and wish I knew how to better manage & manipulate time.  I am always busy, always trying to squeeze in little moments of sanity.  As I write this I think about the laundry I'd like to do, to organizing of my closet that is much needed, donations I want to gather and drop off...OH just to sit on the couch with my husband and watch TV holding hands would be so nice.  Seriously, I don't know how to find a moment these days.  EVERY weekend so far this year we have had a family celebration from birthdays to baby showers - you get the picture.  Our family is growing so fast.  Both of my sister in laws are expecting!  We have 2 new babies on the way.  Super exciting.  My son won't the youngest in the family for very long!  Anyway, as I teeter on the edge of 39 I am sending my thoughts to my pals and thinking about how lucky I am that they still love me even though I forget to call.

Dear Diary,

I have been such a lame friend.  I feel sad that I don't have the time or energy to be there. Mostly I feel like a big jerk.  I feel like they have all graduated and I'm still going through life studies.  I started late and am the last one to enter motherhood.  So as my friends send their oldest off to college, or another deals with preteen hormones, or manages to take their child to school on time every day ...I am cheering my son on as he crawls, hanging out with my breastpump, and trying to find the best deal on Pampers.  I know that they are there for me, I just hope they know that I am here for them too.  Even if only in thoughts and in spirit.  I wonder to myself, HOW did they do it?? When their kids were my son's age, I never felt neglected by them...I don't mean to be a jerk. Sigh...

Me

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...