Friday, December 9, 2011

Skin Cancer Scare

I am suffering from post surgery pain as I write this.  I had a biopsy done not long ago to test for skin cancer.  I had a mass on the back of my right leg.  The results were that the sample was benign. My doctor recommended removal.  We did just that yesterday.  It was a sizable surgical excision that required quite a few stitches. I will have a 3 inch scar, but I don't mind that so much as I am relieved that I do not have a form a skin cancer. Today, I am off from work for recovery.  I am in SO MUCH PAIN.  I am taking pain medication that does dull the pain. However, it leaves me feeling nauseous.  I am just waiting now for the medicine to take effect.  I was fine yesterday and slept without any problems.  When I woke up this morning - the meds wore off.  It was the first time I had felt pain.  I am cooped up in our bedroom as my son is in the care of his father.  I am not looking forward to the "stitch itch" a little later on in my healing process. The stitches are scheduled for removal on the 20th.

Dear Body,


Please heal quickly. I am not a fan of pain. Even though I could not have prevented this particular course of events from  happening - I will take better care of us!  2012 will be met with good health! Hello 40's!


Me

Message to you, dear reader, please take care of yourselves - mind AND body. If you notice something "not quite right" or are feeling "not so well", go to your doctor and make sure you can be (or get) as healthy as you can be!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...